Brain Drain from Europe to China in a Digital Economy Era?
Chao Ma, Zhong Zhao
EconPol Forum 23 (5), 43-47
- In the digital economy era, the organization of labor is no longer restricted by borders
- China’s development has increased its demand for high-skilled workers
- We build a model where European high-skilled workers can provide services to Chinese domestic firms remotely
- High-skilled labor demand from China increases the tightness of the high-skilled but not the low-skilled labor markets in Europe
- Sharp contrast with traditional model where a European worker migrates to China to take a job there